Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Welcome to My New Blog!

Hi everyone!

It's Joanne!  You're probably scratching your head and asking "another blog?"...yes, I decided to start a new one dedicated just for the macarons I have been making.  For my travel/event/restaurant recaps, you can still catch them (if I ever post these days) on my first blog Jo Boston is a Foodie.

Since my cousin Roxanne and I started back in August, I've been completely obsessed with making them and brainstorming new flavor and color combinations.

By no means am I a "macaron expert."  I JUST started, so I still have so much to learn!  Trust me, I still have my bad days.  I do want to say thank you to all my friends who have been sending me their love and kind words over the last few weeks!  You totally make this a worthwhile experience.

With that said, here are two of my favorite macaron creations made for my San Francisco sports fans!

Go Giants!  Go Niners!
So why the name "Mahal to the Macs?"

First of all "mahal" in the Pilipino language means "love."  The title can be translated in various ways.  "Love to the Macarons" or "Love to the Max."  The world definitely needs more macarons and love.  I definitely love making macarons.  As temperamental as they are, the challenge gives me a thrill and the process is quite therapeutic, believe it or not.

My soul thrives when given a creative task to accomplish.  

I really don't know where exactly this will take me.  Will I ever be a professional macaron baker?  Who knows.  At this point, I'm not really seriously thinking about it.  I'm just having fun with it.  I'm also not taking orders because I'm creating them for my own pleasure.  Being "hired" scares me!  But like I said, who knows!

Never say never!

xoxo,
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment