Friday, November 2, 2012

Birthday Cake Macarons - Run #12

It was Cousin Roxanne's birthday on October 6, but unfortunately I was going to be away on vacation! To make it up to her, I baked her birthday cake [cake cake cake cake] macarons!

When we were kids, I used to bake cakes for my cousins. I used boxed mixes from Betty Crocker and Pillsbury and layered the cakes with canned frosting. There's something about canned frosting - the grittiness and how it's always too sweet and artificially flavored - that reminds us of childhood.

So what better filling was there than canned frosting? Yes, I'm very nostalgic. To make it extra special, I used coloring gel to create the different shades of the rainbow and piped a rather dope design for each mac.

This is definitely one of my favorites!

10/2/12 - Birthday Cake Cake Cake Cake Cake Macarons with Rainbow Frosting

1 comment: