Thursday, November 1, 2012

Hot Chocolate Macarons - Run #11

During the colder months of the year, nothing is better than a mug of warm creamy hot chocolate. A marshmallow or two...or three...and some whipped cream is perfection.

I took the sweet flavor of hot chocolate and literally put it in a macaron. Really. I took powdered hot chocolate mix and pulsed it in my food processor with my almond flour and confectioners sugar before proceeding with the macaronage. After whipping up a gooey masharmallow buttercream, I was in heaven.

Honestly, the cookies were great warm out of the oven. I ate four even before they got to cool thoroughly.  Chocolatey cookies tend to do that to me. 

9/30/12 -  Hot Chocolate-Flavored Macaron Shells
Filled With Marshmallow Fluff Buttercream

No comments:

Post a Comment