Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Belle Macarons - Run #19

"Little town, it's a quiet village.  Every day like the one before..."

Don't even get me started with the "bonjours" because once I begin, I don't stop!

Belle was a favorite of mine when I was in the 2nd or 3rd grade.  My BFF's at the time at OLPH Catholic School in Daly City would sit together at recess and sing Disney songs from The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, and yes, Beauty and the Beast.  My love for B&tB grew when my mom took me to see Disney on Ice at the Cow Palace and the Beauty and the Beast musical at the Orpheum. 

Clearly I had to do a Belle macaron and aside from cinnamon, I've never incorporated spices into my macs.  These were so much fun to make and had a unique flavor.  Saffron being one of the most expensive spices kind of symbolizes how Belle came from humble beginnings and found love and happiness in a gorgeous palace with everything she ever wanted.  Lucky b------------ just kidding.  =)

10/23/12 - Belle Macarons - Yellow Saffron Shells
with Chocolate Truffle Filling

No comments:

Post a Comment