Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Orange October Macarons - Run #9

I wanted to make orange macarons because the month of October is all about orange: the fall leaves, Halloween, and Giants postseason!! Another important person who influenced me to make these is my mother-in-law Marion. She loves orange-infused dark chocolate, so these were made with her in mind.

I took the orange and only took the orange portion of the skin.  The white pith is very bitter.  I then simmered the zest in heavy cream until almost boiling and poured the hot mixture (minus the orange zest) over good Scharffen Berger 70% cocoa chocolate to create a luscious ganache.

Perfect.

Black and orange. Black and orange. Black and orange.

9/27/12 - "Orange October" - Orange Shells Filled with Orange-Infused Chocolate Ganache

No comments:

Post a Comment